Wednesday, August 8, 2012

1 year ago (a post from the lost archives)...

(note:  this post was written 1 year following my 2009 4K for Cancer trek.  Re-discovered and published 3 years later.)

One year ago on Sunday, I set off on a journey that was beyond my wildest dreams. I met people and saw places that you cannot see from your car window.


Everything in life is an adventure- your first kiss, your first day of college, your last day of college, your first job, your first love. It is all so wonderful and jitter-worthy. The 4K for Cancer was one of my big life adventures. It was beautiful, hard, nerve-wrecking, exciting and scary. It stirred my soul to the very core, sometimes more than others.


I now stand a year ahead of the beginning and look out to the horizon behind me. I realize that the strengths and weaknesses it brought out in me were all in preparation for the future, and that I can't necessarily wish for it to happen all over again, because that would only bring me back to where I started. Rather, I am happy with where I find myself now. I am on an adventure right now, and everyday afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment